Information We Collect
We collect information for the primary reason of improving your customer experience and enabling Services both online and offline. We strive to only collect Personal Information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing.
- Information you provide directly to us
- We collect this information when you sign up for an account or place an order on our site. This includes information such as name, email, address.
- Information we collect from other sources
- When you access the Services through a social network, we may collect information you have provided to that social network. This may include your name, picture, and email address. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
- Information collected passively
We collect personally identifying information that you provide us during the registration process, such as your name, email address, gender, zip code and date of birth. You may choose to register securely through our site login, or through our 3rd party providers, Facebook or Google. We also collect personal identifying information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, such as when you order a product or service from us or our partners, and when you otherwise volunteer personal information about yourself, for example, through surveys, contests or promotions, and submitting and/or posting content in discussion forums. When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide additional personal information such as your phone number, billing and shipping addresses and credit card information.
Third-Party Payment Processing
When you make purchases through the Services, we process your payments through a Third-Party application. The Third-Party application may collect certain financial information from you to process a payment on behalf of Dude Awesome, including your name, email address, address and other billing information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your order; providing customer service; tracking email invitations you send; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site and its features. We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your purchase history. The personal information you provide to us will also be added to our databases and used for future communications regarding new product offerings or other special promotions.
Dude Awesome may use your data in any of the following ways.
- Providing you with products or services. Dude Awesome may use information to fulfill orders or for information that may be included for future services such as processing orders or any other services Dude Awesome may provide.
- Marketing for Dude Awesome.com and Dude Awesome Products. Dude Awesome may use your Personal Information to market you offers, products, and Services. Dude Awesome may provide you with these materials by postal mail, email, as permitted by applicable law. Dude Awesome may also share your Personal Information with other organizations that send you materials by postal mail.
In addition to email communication, we may also use your Personal Information (such as your name, postal address and shopping history) to contact you with marketing and promotional materials, or other information we feel may be of interest to you. Some of these materials may be sent via a third party service provider. The information shared with third party service providers may be used to supplement like-minded organizations direct mail marketing programs. No personal information is shared outside our third-party providers, and Dude Awesome does not receive payment for any information shared with these vendors.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide shipment and payment services, customer service, and marketing support
- Sharing with select partners as a part of co-sponsored promotion
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Dude Awesome’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website users or the public, and protect against legal liability
- Upon your request
Your Privacy and Data Rights
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive direct mail communications from Dude Awesome, you can unsubscribe by clicking here and filling out the unsubscribe form, or by emailing us at privacy@Dude Awesome.com. Furthermore, if you decide that you would like to continue receiving direct mail communications from Dude Awesome, but would like to opt-out of sharing your information with like-minded organizations, please by clicking here and filling out the form or email us at privacy@Dude Awesome.com.
By registering with Dude Awesome.com, you are automatically subscribed to our email, but may choose to opt out of our email list at any time. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking here and updating your email preferences, or by emailing us at support@Dude Awesome.com.
If you live in California or The EU, we have updated our site in compliance of the CCPA and GDPR regulations. Any questions or data requests, or requests to have your data deleted can be sent to privacy@Dude Awesome.com. Please use the subject line “Privacy” and we will be more than happy to fulfill your needs.
Third-Party Advertising Partners + Internet Advertising Programs
- Analytics: We use Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to gather information about how users engage with our Services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We use other analytics providers such as Segment and Quantcast to gather information on how users interact with our site
- Google User-ID: This allows us to more accurately track and compile information from various sessions and tie them to a single anonymous user ID
- Social Media Widgets: We use social sharing widgets through Sumo, by Sumo Inc., that allows users to share via social network, directly from Dude Awesome.com
- Augmented Site Functionality: We use various Third Party Providers that allow us to enhance the site experience. This includes Reviews functionality by Yotpo, Inc., Search functionality by Algolia, Inc., personalized browsing experiences by Evergage, Inc., and more.
- Site Performance Information: We use performance monitoring software that allows us to understand user traffic levels on our site and receive alerts when traffic levels increase or errors arise on the site
- Advertising & Targeting: We use advertising software to surface ads to users who have visited Dude Awesome.com
In addition to the information about your visits to our website, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from Dude Awesome. Dude Awesome may work with other companies in the future to provide interest-based advertising, both on and off Dude Awesome.com. If so, Dude Awesome will provide you with the opportunity to opt-out when these advertisements are served.
If you would like to learn more about Interest-based advertising, and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers, please visithttp://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Third-Party Platform Advertising
We may also use platforms provided by companies such as Google and Facebook to offer you interest-based ads. These platforms allow us to personalize the ads that we display to you. We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with these platform vendors. Dude Awesome may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched by our partner companies with a user on their platform to allow us to present you with interest-based advertising. Although we do not provide any personal information to these platform vendors, they may gain insights about individuals who respond to the ads we serve. You may learn more about Interest-based advertising, and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers by clicking here.
Access to Personal Information
We may permit certain trusted third parties to access your information in connection with their performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
To provide services you have requested, it may be necessary to provide your personal information to Dude Awesome merchants and or service providers in order to aid redemption of services requested. Logistics services may utilize supplied information only for completing your delivery.
We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, membership transfer, or other change in control.
If you use a bulletin board, chat room, product reviews or any other publicly accessible area of the Site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by any person for any purpose. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable or other information you choose to submit in these forums.
Dude Awesome.com does not sell, rent, loan or otherwise allow third party access to your information except as set forth above.
How We Protect Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
The Site uses security measures in order to protect from the loss, misuse and alteration of any information under our control. All orders are transmitted over secure internet connections using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. In addition, only those employees and third parties who need access to your information in order to perform their duties are allowed such access.
Updating and Correcting Information
Your Data Rights
We will always respect your rights to limit or exclude the data you share with us. We offer you choices regarding the Personal Information we collect and share from you. Please understand that if you do limit the Personal Information you share with us, you may not be able to access all the features or Services at Dude Awesome.
Here are the areas we collect Personal Information for that you may submit requests for:
- Physical Mail
- Human Resources
- Cookies & Session Information
- Internet-Based Advertising
You may withdraw your consent, request a copy of your personal data, modify what data we collect or request that we delete the data we have collected from you by reaching out to privacy@Dude Awesome.com with the subject “Privacy”.
Dude Awesome will do everything in our control to meet the your Personal Information requests. There may be circumstances where we are unable to meet those demands, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary.
If Dude Awesome determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries.
Security of Your Information
The security and privacy of your Personal Information is important to us and we take necessary and reasonable measures to protect your data. When you enter your Personal Information in our forms we encrypt this data through SSL or other technologies. Please understand that transmitting or storing data on the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee absolute security of any information.
Site visitors from countries outside of the United States, including the European Union, should understand that any data provided to Dude Awesome may be transferred to the United States. By choosing to visit our Site, engage in our Services or otherwise provide information to us, you agree that any dispute arising in connection with Dude Awesome will be in accordance with the Terms.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice or to opt out, please email us at privacy@Dude Awesome.com.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data.
- Categories of Personal Data Collected:
- We collect the following categories of personal data: identifiers; commercial information; demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law); internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data; and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you. For examples of the precise data points we collect, please see “Information We Collect” above.
- Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting and Using Data:
- We collect each category of personal data listed above for the business or commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed:
- We disclose the following categories of personal data: identifiers; commercial information; demographic information (note that some demographic information may be considered characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law); internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data; and other categories of personal data that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Categories of Sources and Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Data:
- We collect each category of personal data listed above from you and the third-party sources. We may share each category of personal data listed above with the third parties as described in the “How We Share Your Information” section above.
How to reach us
351 Harriet St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
+1 (855) 325-8998
Last Updated: Dec 31st, 2019. ©2020 Dude Awesome Inc. All rights reserved.